Delivery satisfaction guarantee

Trustpilot Rated Excellent

waterproof All 100% waterproof

10 Year Guarantee

0114 2799 188

I'm cladding the walls around the shower/bath area. What items do I need to complete this job?


For a shower area over/around a bath. One wall is 1840mm long and the other is 720mm long. Preferably an L shape on long wall (cut about half way along long wall).


Am I correct in thinking if I use the 1000mm T & G panels, that I would only need 3 panels, a bath seal (cladseal?), a corner trim and edge trim for the L shape? (+sealant/adhesive)? I like the look of the laminate panels, but don't want to see a join on the long wall, and I presume there is no way to join these without an H joint strip - correct?


  • Written By Alan Matchett
    Hello Dave, thanks for your question. Yes, you'd need three panels. The Cladseal trims come 1850mm long so you would need two of those. That trim is installed using the sanitary silicone sealant so you'd want to use a couple of tubes of that to ensure that trim is fitted correctly. You would need the one corner trim, that's correct, and edge trims for the end of the wall. We'd recommend four edge trims in total - one each for the panel ends that don't go into the corner, and two for capping off the tops of the panels. If you were to use the Laminate panels, you would have to use an 'H' joint trim to join them along wall sections wider than 1200mm (the width of the Laminate panels). So if you'd prefer just a barely visible hairline groove you're best sticking with the tongue-and-groove 1000mm Aquabord panels!
See more Q & A's like this